4D Technology Corporation, a Nanometrics business unit, makes optical metrology instruments. We're dedicated to quality, customer service, and innovation. Our success depends on our employees, so we seek to attract the best, by providing challenging careers in metrology, and a work environment where people are rewarded for excellence.
4D is located in the heart of "Optics Valley" in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson offers a relaxed outdoor lifestyle in a southwestern desert setting. Tucson's valley is surrounded by picturesque mountains, and features some of the most spectacular scenery in the southwestern desert.
We offer Nanometrics strong set of employee benefits, including health insurance, dental insurance, pretax insurance payments, flex-time, employee stock purchase, and a 401k savings plan. 4D is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Opportunities at 4D
What the position does
- Troubleshoot, repair and install 4D products in the field or at the factory
- Technical customer service and training – must have personal diplomatic skills
- Multi-disciplined troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical and optical components
- Preventative maintenance, upgrades, and re-certification of 4D products
- Develop and maintain rigorous process controls for the service organization. Includes controls for parts, tools, test equipment, instructions, repair documentation, environment, and operator.
- Support service management
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand 4D products assembly, function, and performance
- Work collaboratively with the cross-functional team to troubleshoot, repair and upgrade complex systems and resolve technical issues
- Develop and implement repair plans timely per schedule
- Create and maintain service assembly, alignment, and test processes and documentation.
- Customer focused - support customer issues, training, and applications
- Perform system acceptance (QC) tests, create and present documentation for shipment approvals
- Learn the 4D ERP system to support management
- Position requires up to 50% travel (average is 25%), both in the US and international.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license
- Other duties as required
Required Education and Experience
BS degree or higher in optical engineering (preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of experience mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in application and integration of precision optical and optomechanical components
- Excellent analytical capability for systematic troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of electronics, mechanics, computers and common tools
- Customer service experience desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and reliable
- Possess good organizational and interpersonal skills and willing to work in a team environment
- US Citizen
This is a full time position, reporting to the Service Manager location in Tucson, Arizona.
Please send your résumé to:
Director, Human Resources
4D Technology Corporation
3280 E. Hemisphere Loop, Suite 146
Tucson, AZ 85706