4D Technology Corporation makes optical metrology instruments. We're dedicated to quality, customer service, and innovation. Our success depends on our employees, so we seek to attract the best, by providing challenging careers in metrology, and a work environment where people are rewarded for excellence.
4D is located in the heart of "Optics Valley" in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson offers a relaxed outdoor lifestyle in a southwestern desert setting. Tucson's valley is surrounded by picturesque mountains, and features some of the most spectacular scenery in the southwestern desert.
We offer a strong set of employee benefits, including health insurance, dental insurance, pretax insurance payments, flex-time, and a 401k savings plan. 4D is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Opportunities at 4D
4D Technology is seeking an Assembly Technician at our head office in Tucson. Responsibilities include:
- Electrical assembly: building cables and wiring harnesses and assembling control and power boxes
- Mechanical assembly: cleaning and checking components, and building sub-assemblies incorporating gears, slides, actuators, encoders, etc.
- Optical assembly: inspection, cleaning, positioning and bonding of optical components
- Documentation: follow detailed work instructions, engineering drawings and schematics; fill out data sheets completely and maintain quality system documentation
- Quality control: perform incoming inspection of parts, components and optics; identify and document defective parts; perform in-process inspection and testing
- Packaging: pack instruments for shipment and complete shipping documentation
- Other duties: comply with safety and regulatory requirements; escalate issues and recommend solutions; provide training and achieve a high level of cross training; actively participate in continuous improvement projects such as kaizen, six sigma, lean manufacturing.
We are seeking qualified candidates with:
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and optical components
- Continuous handling of lightweight materials
- Occasional lifting of heavy materials over 40 lbs
- Occasional use of hazardous chemicals.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Experience with precision power supplies and digital multimeters
- Experience with wire termination and cable assembly, including soldering and crimping.
4D Technology Corporation offers a comprehensive benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. Please send your résumé to:
Director, Human Resources
4D Technology Corporation
3280 E. Hemisphere Loop, Suite 146
Tucson, AZ 85706